Warning: Declaration of Mesmerize_Logo_Nav_Menu::walk($elements, $max_depth) should be compatible with Walker::walk($elements, $max_depth, ...$args) in /home/mysour34/public_html/saveseniorservices.org/wp-content/themes/mesmerize-pro/inc/Mesmerize_Logo_Nav_Menu.php on line 0

Warning: Declaration of Mesmerize_Logo_Page_Menu::walk($elements, $max_depth) should be compatible with Walker::walk($elements, $max_depth, ...$args) in /home/mysour34/public_html/saveseniorservices.org/wp-content/themes/mesmerize-pro/inc/Mesmerize_Logo_Page_Menu.php on line 0
Facts - Save Senior Services
Delaware,OH 43015,USA


Senior Services in Delaware County

SourcePoint: Thrive after 55!

SourcePoint is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that provides professional expertise, services, and programs for Delaware County older adults. We provide in-home services to homebound seniors, as well as numerous community programs and services to address the various needs of residents age 55 and older, with a focus on healthy aging and prevention-related services.


SourcePoint’s average in-home client is a 79-year-old widowed female who lives alone.


We respond to about 6,000 requests for information, assistance, and services each year, and in 2017, our social workers conducted more than 2,700 home visits.


In 2017, we served nearly 1,700 seniors with in-home services. By the end of 2023, SourcePoint will provide services to more than 5,300 seniors.


In 2017, SourcePoint served nearly 218,000 meals through our Meals on Wheels program and dining centers. Over the next five years, we expect to serve more than 1.5 million meals.


In-home services provided through the senior services levy include Meals on Wheels, emergency response systems, personal care, chore services, homemaker services, adult day services, in-home assessment and care management, medical transportation, behavioral and mental health counseling, home repair and modification, and durable medical equipment.


While nearly 75 percent of levy funds are used to support critical in-home care, they also enable SourcePoint to provide health and wellness programs, nutrition programs, insurance education, caregiver support, volunteer opportunities, and more.

Delaware County Population

The population of Delaware County is growing at a phenomenal rate and the growth of the 55 and older population is growing even faster. From 2000 to 2010, our 55 and older population more than doubled, the highest growth rate in the entire state of Ohio.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Delaware County’s 55 and older population totaled 17,904 in 2000. This population grew to 36,379 over a 10-year period. According to projections by the Scripps Gerontology Center at Miami University, this same group will more than double again by 2030, which averages to more than 2,200 additional individuals each year.

Delaware County Population Growth Ages 55+

The Senior Services Levy

Senior services levies can last no longer than five years by state law. Funding from the current levy in Delaware County, which voters approved in 2013, expires at the end of 2018. If local in-home and community services are to continue in 2019, this levy must be on the ballot and approved by voters this year. If approved, senior services will continue and be managed locally through the year 2023.

Approximately 80 percent of SourcePoint’s service funding comes from levy dollars. The remaining 20 percent comes from grants, donations, service fees, sales, and sponsorships. The bulk of levy funding is used to provide in-home services designed to enable older residents to remain living at home for as long as possible.



SourcePoint is the local nonprofit organization responsible for managing all senior service levy funding in the county. We provide in-home services, as well as numerous community programs and services to address the various needs of residents age 55 and older, with a focus on healthy aging and prevention-related services.

An independent financial audit is conducted annually, and SourcePoint has never had a negative finding in the 25-year history of the organization.

SourcePoint’s administrative costs in 2017 were only 8.5 percent—an extremely low percentage for a nonprofit organization.

Standards for Excellence

In 2017, SourcePoint was awarded recertification of the Standards for Excellence by the Ohio Association of Nonprofit Organizations (OANO). Originally awarded to SourcePoint in 2007 and again in 2012, this prestigious recognition is given to state nonprofit organizations that meet or exceed good governance practices, such as the demonstration of high ethical standards, transparency, best practice in human resource and financial management, and public accountability. SourcePoint was the first nonprofit organization in Delaware County and is currently one of only 40 Ohio nonprofit organizations to receive this designation.